Friday 25 February 2011

To Judge or not....

Why do people feel the need to impose their standards on everyone else?

It has become more and more obvious to me how so very judgmental people generally are. The average person I come across these days seems to be in a hurry to judge everyone else and in fact everything by their own standards (or lack of it).
You think your way is either the only way or at the very least the right way. You jump to conclusions at every opportunity. You expect everyone to think and behave like you do, not caring whether your audience even supports your way of thinking and regardless of whether you are indeed qualified to make any assessments - which often time you are not! Nothing but nothing gets past you - even the minutest details. You believe you know what's going on in everybody's head, why they have done what they did, what they will do next, and on and on the list goes! Surely we can just agree to disagree? Must we analyze everything, and then offer unsolicited advice as a matter of fact?

I cant help but wonder if this is a new phenomenon. Have we always been like this?

I am sure that I can be described as being opinionated myself but at the same time, I am very open minded and accommodating of others' views. My opinion is just that - "my opinion"- it ends there. I make a conscious effort not to judge people at all, I only wish that more people could be like me :0)

2 comments:

  1. PREDICTABILITY IS A BITCH.........AND YES THAT BITCH SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... it's funny that you broach this topic... It has always been that way. People think you are very much like them and think it's ok to impose their views on others without any consideration to the other person's point of view. And God help us the cultural taboos is another whole blogpost enitirely, Frankly speaking I am sick of it and simply just keep my views in general to myself..... So Yes I feel your frustrations.....


    Lala

    ReplyDelete