Sunday 13 February 2011

Sharing in a relationship

Are we allowed to have private lives within a relationship? How much is too much to share in a relationship?

Sharing the same bedroom, using the same email address, going through each others phones, sharing office space, having the same circle of friends, shaving your legs with your partner for audience, sitting on the toilet bowl while your partner is in the shower???!!??

Growing up, my parents had separate bedrooms - my father maintains that a woman needs to have her own room whether or not she sleeps in it.


I see some couples who seem to share absolutely everything. They have the same friends, they go everywhere together, they use the same email address, they answer each others' phones, they are not allowed to password their phones, the list goes on and on! I cant help but marvel at such an existence. If I found myself in that situation, I am convinced that I would seriously consider fast tracking my meeting with my maker! It's tough enough knowing that I am supposedly bound to this individual for life; not to mention the fact that it eliminates the magic - having also to share every last one of life's details will definitely be pushing it (for me).

I personally am of the opinion that there have to be two whole individuals in a relationship. You have to be secure in yourself within a relationship lest you lose yourself to the relationship....

My two cents of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment