Friday 13 May 2011

Passenger Etiquette

Thursday 5th of May; I am on a flight from Lagos to Dubai.

I had picked my seat before hand and found it quite easily.17C an aisle seat right behind the mother and child row.  I quickly settle in as much as I can. The other two people on my row were already seated and boy were they noisy! Anyway, the door finally closes and I notice that the row in front of  me only has one person in the window seat so I grab the opportunity and change my seat -  Relief! To my surprise though, the girl who was sat beside me - now behind me - taps me rather roughly and says to me 'are you sitting there?' to which I answered 'yes'. She seemed really pleased to hear it as I over heard her saying that she will recline her chair and sleeeeeeep. She promptly moved into the seat I had just vacated therefore placing herself right behind me.

After meal time, she reclined her chair to sleep; I did the same. I fell asleep quite easily; She however woke up a while later and again
tapped me in her now familiar rough manner and asked me to move my chair to the upright position! - Shock! - I didn't get it so she tried to explain 'your seat is too reclined, it is disturbing me'. Huh? Am I missing something here? Such cheek! I was lost for words so I mumbled something about me needing to stretch out!
A short while later, I am watching a movie with my head phones in place when I begin to feel something on my arm rest, touching my hand. My reflex kicks in and I immediately brush it off. A short while later, I feel it again. This time I turn round to look, only to find that my good friend behind had come up with such a brilliant idea to put both her feet on the arm rests on either side of me! I look at her in utter amazement and ask her to please take her feet off my arm rests - I am even now still in shock over her answer, 'Is it disturbing you?' It was such a ridiculous question. I could actually burst out laughing! (where on earth did you crawl out from?) We must have gone back and forth for at least three minutes before she reluctantly took her feet off.
I have finally seen it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment