Thursday 16 August 2012

Letter to my Mother

My birth mother

Dear mum,

Today you would have been 68 years old. I never had the pleasure of knowing you because you passed on when I was barely a year old, but only good stories/reports and memories abound. Oh how I would have loved to share your beautiful life with you. I would give anything to have that even now.
I am told I look just like you. I took after you in everything. Not a day goes by that I do not think about you and how it may have been so different had you lived long enough to be my mum today. I cannot honestly say that it is for the best, but I do believe that every single thing in life happens for a reason so someday I may appreciate the reason why you had to leave so early.

If indeed you are able to look down on me, I hope that it is with a smile and that you sometimes feel pride when you do. It has not been easy but I have learnt to carry on (not that I have a choice anyway)
Continue to rest with the almighty as I have no doubt that you are an angel.

2 comments:

  1. oh my dear friend this brought tears to my eyes as my mum passed nearly a year ago not a day goes by that i don't think about her . how i wish i cld still share my life with her and ask her opinoin about lots of things .i trusted her completely never to judge me no matter what. am still grieving and still mourning, i know it will get better. All i can say is they left us hopefully to a better place and for us to be the best we can be so if they can look down on us it will be with a smile and nod of approval.
    God bless sis

    ReplyDelete

  2. May the soul of your dear mother continue to rest in bosom of the lord, and i'm sure she watches over you and looks down on u with pride.
    stay blessed dear!

    ReplyDelete