Thursday 26 July 2012

Lagos Taxi

I just remembered an incidence which happened a couple of weeks ago. Hmmm... I had to go out as a matter of urgency and I didn't have my car so I hitched a ride with a friend and planned to take a taxi back home. I would usually call a cab I had used before - someone I know and am sure of. On this Sunday evening however, I didn't see the need as it was to be a very quick trip and only one way. So when I was done, I came out to the road and hailed a cab. The car looked really old and rickety but I didn't fancy standing on the road (a busy one at that) so I quickly climbed in.

As I sat in the cab I felt like the seat was damp but I wasn't quite sure as it had been drizzling all day so I kept my thoughts to myself. Thankfully, the ride home was rather uneventful. On getting to my street though, literally a minute from my gate, there was a small pool of water which we also successfully crossed and I was delivered safely to my gate. However, as soon as I got out of the car, it became obvious that the seat had indeed been damp and had in fact wet my clothes; so as I handed the fare to the driver, I mentioned to him that his seat was damp. Can you guess what his response was? Lol.....okay okay here is what he said "ah! you no thank God say the car no die for that water" Huh??? Like seriously??? These guys are something else! SMH (shaking my head) Lol

1 comment: